Friday, October 3, 2008

Gordon Gekko's Take on the Bailout Bill.



Gordon Gekko (1987)





We caught up with Gordon Gekko at his beach house in East Hampton, New York. Gekko & Co. is still going strong. The company has a NetWorth of $650 Million. Multiple SEC investigations failed to unearth any wrongdoing on Mr. Gekko's alleged insider-trading scandal in 1987. Although heavily fined, Mr. Gekko continues to pioneer the field of risk arbitrage.

Just don't mention Bud Fox, Bluestar, or Teldar Paper.


This is really a nice beach house, Mr. Gekko.

Gordon Gekko: Yeah, not bad for a City College boy. I bought my way in, now all these Ivy league schmucks are sucking my kneecaps.

Do you still talk to Larry Wildman?

Gordon Gekko: Sir Larry Wildman. Like all Brits, he thinks he was born with a better pot to piss in.

Mr. Gekko. The US Economy is perilously close to a recession. As someone who was around during the last "Crash" in 1987, we hoped that you can shed some light on the current state of the economy. The Government is proposing a 700-Billion-Dollar Bailout Bill. How much is enough?



Everyone keeps mentioning the word "greed" as a main ingredient to the demise of the financial market. Can greed, for a lack of a better word, be good?



You inspired a whole generation of investment bankers. What do you think of this new generation and do you at all feel responsible for their villianous behavior?




Thank you Gordon for taking time out of your busy schedule to talk to us today. I hope we can do this again. How about lunch?

Gordon Gekko: Lunch is for wimps.

It was just a suggestion. I thought we were...

Gordon Gekko: If you need a friend, get a dog.

But Mr. Gekko. I have a dog. And I respectfully disagree with your worldview...

Gordon Gekko: Jesus, if this guy owned a funeral parlor nobody would die!

Bluestar! Bluestar! Bud Fox! Teldar Paper!

Gordon Gekko: When I get a hold of the son of a bitch who leaked this, I'm gonna tear his eyeballs out and I'm gonna suck his fucking skull.

End of transmission............................................

1 comment:

Lukesmom said...

This was entertaining and I am not just saying that because I'm your wife. I tell you that you suck all the time, but this was really good.